Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Stop Flushing Wipes Down The Toilet

Wipes Don't Belong In The Toilet

I have a giant problem with all these baby wipe companies still putting "flushable" and "sewer and septic safe" on their packages. Let me express to you how much we love baby wipes in our household. We have a child and a puppy who love to make messes all over the house. Not only are baby wipes great when we change his diaper. They are great to clean up his face, his hands, and where ever else he loves to get peanut butter/chocolate/jelly/cheese/etc. on himself.

It's simple, you grab a wipe and clean up the mess. Toss it in the garbage and it's done. Simple as that. Well, toilet paper and paper towel companies wanted to jump in on the baby wipe success. They are doing very well for themselves. They have created several types of bathroom "flushable" wipes. The only problem is these wipes ARE flushable, but will not dissolve. 

They sit in your pipes, get stuck on other stuff and clog up your pipes. Yes, it creates more jobs for plumbers but it's ruining our sewer pipes. How is it that they are allowed to print "flushable" and "sewer/septic safe" on their packages? Some of them are even printing "biodegradable". In their terms, yes they are biodegradable, but not for another 1000 years. 

Until someone does something about these companies printing "flushable" on wipes, please stop flushing wipes down the toilet. It will cost you hundreds, even thousands of dollars to fix. You should only flush toilet paper. 

What I Love To Use Baby Wipes On:
  • When I change my baby's diaper.
  • After my kid eats.
  • My puppy's bum.
  • When my husband spills food/drinks/whatever else he is eating on his clothes.
  • The table.
  • The floor.
  • My kitchen cabinets.
  • The make up off my face.
  • When I get make up on my fingers.
  • After I do my hair in the bathroom(it's so easy to pick up the hair off the floor).
  • Cleaning inside the car.
  • Cleaning leather seats. 
  • Getting deodorant off of clothing.
  • Wiping down shoes. 
  • Wiping down exercise equipment.
  • And the million other things that I wipe down with baby wipes. 
Maybe, I should look into buying stock in baby wipe companies. Moral of the story, baby wipes are amazing, just don't flush them down the toilet. 

Kevinszabojrplumbing@yahoo.com


12 comments:

  1. Hey, Your post is very informative and helpful for us.

    Bellevue Plumbing Companies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Nice post very good work done. You can also check for Residential plumbing services

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice post. Thanks for the great information. It is very useful and informative.
    Plumbing Pipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I think al marketing campaigns for anything needs to do research on stuff before marketing things a certain way. I know there is hundreds of things to use baby wipes on, but I never bought any. I might have to buy some now, but I will throw them away once I use them. Have a nice day!

    Karla Foster @ South West Houston Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing info. Keep up the good work...We hope you will visit our blog often as we discuss topics of interest to you
    asbestos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great your post is very useful to us...
    dharshini@ourtechnicians.com
    https://www.facebook.com/apm.ourtechnicians/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hey, this advice of not flushing wipes down the toilet is one that I'm wanting to tell my kids about. My wife found out that our son has a habit of doing this. Because of his action, the toilet would need a plumbing repair. http://www.kenhaleplumbing.com.au/services

    ReplyDelete
  8. Personally, in my career, I focus on knoxville plumbing. Great post, and you're right... While these "flushable" wipes are creating more jobs for plumbers, they are leading to major problems for homeowners who don't realize these "safe" wipes can cause severe blockages in their pipes. This, in turn, can often lead to very expensive visits from guys like me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't aware that these flushable wipes weren't actually meant to be flushed. I guess it is a better idea to just throw them away in the garbage. I don't want to back up my pipes from flushing wipes down the toilet! http://www.247-trades.com/services/plumbing-services/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done and nice job ex client work and useful information about the Heber. nice job.
    Heber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every day I visit a number of blog sites to see content, however this offers quality based content.
    emergency plumber

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really appreciate this post and I like this very much. I am waiting for new post here and Please keep it up in future
    Plumber in Islamabad

    ReplyDelete